- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Advent & Christmas
- Bible Study & Small Group
- Bulk Discounts on Books & Bibles
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Dove Awards Nominee
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- Gifts for Her
- Gifts for Him
- Keep Kids Safe Online
- Lifeway Resources
- Ministry Appreciation
- Wedding & Marriage
Ready for Adventure? Embark on a fun, exciting journey through God s Word with the NIV Adventure Bible now in full color throughout Along the way you ll meet all types of people, see all sorts of places, and learn all kinds of things about the Bible. Most importantly you ll grow closer in your relationship with God.
- Full color throughout makes learning about the people, places, and culture of the Bible even more engaging
- Life in Bible Times Articles and illustrations describe what life was like in ancient days
- Words to Treasure Highlights great verses to memorize
- Did You Know? Interesting facts help you understand God s Word and the life of faith
- People in Bible Times Articles offer close-up looks at amazing people of the Bible
- Live It Hands-on activities help you apply biblical truths to your life
- Twenty special pages Focus on topics such as famous people of the Bible, highlights of the life of Jesus, how to pray, and the love passage for kids, all with a jungle safari theme
- Book introductions with useful facts about each book of the Bible
- Dictionary/concordance for looking up tricky words
- Color map section to help locate places in the Bible
- Complete text of the New International Version (NIV) of the Bible
- Recommended by more Christian schools and churches than any other Bible for kids
More Product Information
- Publisher: Zonderkidz
- ISBN: 0310759161
- ISBN-13: 9780310759164
- UPC: 025986759162
- SKU: 9780310759164
- Release Date: June 27, 2017
- Pages: 1488
- Language: English
- Version: New International
- Bible Type: Children's
- Binding: Imitation Leather
- Height: 1.70 inches
- Width: 6.10 inches
- Length: 9.30 inches
- Weight: 2.40 pounds
- Recommended Age Range: 08 through 12 years
- Recommended Grade Range: 3rd Grade through 7th Grade
- Series Name: Adventure Bible
About the Author
From 1949 through 1951, Richards attended Antioch College in Ohio. He had no clear direction and hence left college and served in the Navy from 1951-1955. He was stationed in New York City and, during this time, converted to Christ under the ministry of Donald Grey Barnhouse, one of the great Bible teachers of that era. He described his conversion as a conversion not from unbelief to belief, but rather a conversion to basic biblical Christianity (Downs, 1982, p. 115).
Following this experience Richards became an avid Bible student and formed some of his most basic theological convictions. After his Navy stint he resumed his academic studies at the University of Michigan where, in 1958, he received a B. A. in philosophy. He graduated magna cum laude and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. During his Michigan years he married Marla Hafner, and they now have three children, Paul, Joy, and Timothy.
Richards is the author of some 200 works, some of which have been translated into 24 languages, making him the most prolific of 20th century evangelical Christian educators and probably the most influential evangelical Christian education theorist (Benson, 1984, p. 64). Some of his major works are being reprinted 20 or more years after their original publication date. Richards’s writing career divides into two primary sections. From roughly the mid-60s to the mid-80s of the 20th century, he wrote his major Christian education theoretical works, interspersed with teacher training guidebooks, parenting materials, biblical curriculum, and Bible study guides. From approximately the mid-80s to the present, Richards’s writing has focused more on writing devotional books, Christian life enrichment books, Bible study aids, and study Bibles.
Richards currently resides in Raleigh, N.C., where he and his wife are active members of the North Raleigh United Methodist Church. He serves as general editor for the 20 some volumes in the Bible Smart series (Nelson), of which he wrote the lead volume, The Bible, and also Moses, the Man and his Mission (2008).
About the Author
First Published: 1978
Sample Verses: John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."
Translation Summary: Recreating—as closely as possible— the reading experience of the original audience
About Translation: Created directly from the best-attested manuscripts, the NIV is the world’s bestselling modern-English Bible translation. It seeks to provide the optimum combination of transparency to the form and structure of the original documents and comprehensibility of the original meaning in every verse.