- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Graduation Day
- Gifts for Him
- Gifts for Her
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- Father's Day
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Bible Study Resources
- Wedding & Marriage
- Dove Awards Winners
- Keep Kids Safe Online
- Bulk Discounts on Books & Bibles
The New Living Translation
The New Living Translation combines the latest biblical scholarship with a clear, dynamic writing style that communicates God's Word powerfully to all who hear and read it. It renders the message of the original texts of Scripture into clear, contemporary English that was written to be read aloud. With a focus on clarity, The New Living Translation invites readers to go deeper into the biblical text to discover God's story for their lives and the world.
The translators of the New Living Translation set out to render the message of the original texts of Scripture into clear, contemporary English. As they did so, they translated as simply and literally as possible when that approach yielded an accurate, clear, and natural English text. Many words and phrases were rendered literally and consistently into English, preserving essential literary and rhetorical devices, ancient metaphors, and word choices that give structure to the text and provide echoes of meaning from one passage to the next.
On the other hand, the translators rendered the message more dynamically when the literal rendering was hard to understand, was misleading, or yielded archaic or foreign wording. They clarified difficult metaphors and terms to aid in the reader's understanding. Their goal was to be both faithful to the ancient texts and eminently readable. The result is a translation that is both exegetically accurate and idiomatically powerful. More than 90 Bible scholars, along with a group of accomplished English stylists, worked closely together toward that goal. In the end, the NLT is the result of precise scholarship conveyed in living, contemporary language.
All of the Bible scholars and stylists involved in this work are Christians who accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God. They represent a rich variety of theological and denominational backgrounds, united by the common conviction that the Bible is God's Word and that all people should have a translation of Scripture that they can really understand.
Featured New Living Translation Bibles
The Bible for every battle every man faces.
This is a man's type of Bible--straight talk about the challenges of life. Every Man's Bible has thousands of notes on topics from work, sex, and competition to integrity and more and trusted advice from the pros, just for men. Every Man's Bible is written by the best-selling author of the Every Man's series, Steve Arterburn.
- New Living Translation text
- Book introductions and 44 charts
- Study Notes--Help you gain a better perspective on a particular verse or passage
- Men, Women, and God--This feature focuses on two of the most important relationships in every man's life: his relationship with God and his relationships with women
- Someone You Should Know--Profiles of men in the Bible and what their lives can teach us about the importance of faith in our own lives
- What the Bible Says About--Gives insight into the Bible's vital message on all kinds of topics for daily living
- Perspectives--Glean bits of information from great men who have lived through many of the same issues and struggles that you face
- Personal Gold--Sound advice from the pros: Henry Blackaby, Stuart Briscoe, Tony Evans, David Jeremiah, Gordon MacDonald, Bill McCartney, J. I. Packer, Joseph Stowell, and Chuck Swindoll
NLT in Comparison to Other Translations